Complete Dental Exam & Oral Hygiene Services
During a dental exam, the following is reviewed:
- Damaged, missing or decayed teeth
- Early signs of cavities
- Condition of your gums, such as depth of periodontal pockets, gingival inflammation or other signs of gum disease (which can lead to tooth and bone loss)
- Examinations of previous dental work
- Early signs of oral cancer
- Potential growths or cysts
- Position of your teeth (e.g., spacing and your bite)
- Signs that you clench or grind your teeth
- The overall health and function of your temporomandibular joint checking for signs of disorders that can cause pain or tenderness
- Signs of bleeding or inflammation in the mouth
The dental exam can catch problems early—before you see or feel them—when they are much easier and less expensive to treat.
Our Dental Exams include a complete medical history check addressing any health concerns that may affect a successful dental treatment. During this time Dr. Talwar will also examine your head and neck area, examining facial muscles, lymph nodes and possible inflammation.
Smileville Dental Clinic will keep your dental X-rays on file; there is no need to remember when you had your last X-ray completed. We will ensure your x-rays are taken as needed and kept up to date.
What does a dental X-ray show?
Dental X-rays display cavities, fractures, impacted wisdom teeth, bone loss caused by gum disease, etc. Having X-rays taken on a dentist recommended schedule improves our ability to diagnose and treat many common oral health issues. It also allows us to identify serious issues ahead of time.
Interested in booking your dental appointment today? Call now to schedule your next appointment.